Fun Facts about Martha's Vineyard:
- Martha’s Vineyard, often refered to as “the Vineyard”, is the 57th largest island area in the U.S. and the third largest on the east coast.
- Did you know Jaws was filmed here?
- Austin is commonly referred to as “The live music capital of the world."
- Home to one of the earliest known deaf communities in the U.S. As a result, a special dialect of sign language, called Martha's Vineyard Sign Language (MVSL), developed on the island.
- The Vineyard is a popular vacation spot for presidents: including John Adams, Calvin Coolidge, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
Other Locales in Massachusetts
Martha's Vineyard Products