Fun Facts about Colorado:
- On July 4th, 1869 the world's first rodeo was held in Deer Trail, Colorado.
- In 1893, Katherine Lee Bates was inspired to write "America the Beautiful" by a trip to the top of Pikes Peak.
- The entire known supply of Colorado Rose Onyx, also known as Beulah red marble, was used in the interior of the Colorado State Capital.
- Because of Colorado's high altitude, a golf ball will fly about ten percent farther than it would in other states.
- More than a third of Colorado is Federal Public Land.