Fun Facts about Brooklyn:
- The Brooklyn Bridge was the first steel-wire suspension bridge and was completed in 1883. Approximately 27 people died during its construction.
- The Williamsburg Savings Bank is 512 ft. tall and is the tallest completed building in Brooklyn.
- Brooklyn is the most populous borough of New York City with over 2 million inhabitants.
- Home to Coney Island where you can grab a hot dog at Nathan’s, enjoy a freak show and take a ride on the Wonder Wheel.
- Was home to the Brooklyn Dodgers from 1890-1957 before moving west to Los Angeles.
Other Locales in New York